Now, for my first entry, I would love to tell you why I love VS or why I created a blog for VS. That’s great, but I wanna talk about the deck I used in the 2nd Skillze Challenge. Why? ‘Cause there’s something about that deck and how I play it that makes me enjoy or love playing it. The deck’s a team-up of Underworld and Marvel Defenders with a ‘cameo’ from a rarely used character, Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth.
3x The Dwarf
4x Tania Belinskya ◊ Red Guardian
3x Beast, New Defender
2x Kyle Richmond ◊ Nighthawk
1x Hawkeye, Loud Mouth
2x Blackheart, Black King
2x Richard Rider ◊ Nova
1x Modred the Mystic
1x Samantha Parrington ◊ Valkyrie
2x Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth
1x Sub-Mariner, Neptune’s Fist
1x Wendell Vaughn ◊ Quasar
1x Noble Kale
3x Sanctum Sanctorum
I never refer to this deck as “my deck” cause frankly, I netdecked this. Now, some players will say “Oh! How DARE you netdeck!!” Others will be totally fine or won’t give a rat’s ass about it being a netdeck. I admit, I netdeck 30% of the time (Common Enemy, Legionnaires, and this one), but it’s a “desperate time calls for desperate measures” type of times. ANYWAY, now I got that off my chest, onto the deck.
I saw this decklist in VSSystem.com [to be more specific: here]. It was created by Joe Bryan and Patrick Yapjoco. This is their Deadpool Deck. This deck caught my eye because of 3 things:
1) I got 93% of the cards [56 cards]
3) Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth
But there’s one “combo” that made me love this deck:
Deadpool + Nova + ( The Order x n ) ; where n is equal to the number of The Orders you can play (MDAS not required. hehe)
This gives your opponent two choices:
Do you want endurance damage to save at least one of your characters OR do you KO them to save your life points?
The creators may play this deck differently, but this is how I play it.
Mulligan condition: Umar or a 2 drop and a 3 drop
– If you can abuse Umar, go ahead. But if you think she’ll be a liability, sub her out on the 4th turn.
– If by the 4th turn you don’t have Ritual Sacrifice, use one of your search cards to look for The Dwarf. Do this before putting down a resource.
– You have to have at least one copy of a search card, Strange Love, and [the MOST important one] Netherworld Gift in your KO’d pile. Why? Because of my next tip:
– Abuse Hellstorm and Sanctum Sanctorum. Why? All the plot twists you need have a threshold cost of 4 and 3. And Hellstorm brings back a necessary plot twist or any card from the KO’d pile.
– Have Deadpool in your KO’d pile at the start of the 6th turn’s recruit step. Duh, Netherworld his ass. haha If you don’t have Nova in play, he should be in your KO’d pile or sub him in.
– And if you reach the 8th turn, don’t forget Samantha Parrington for Noble Kale! 38 to the face, baby! hahaha!!
That’s all, I guess. I used the Deadpool + Nova + The Order combo against an Avengers deck, where my opponent opted to KO his 5 and 6 drops. And I used Noble Kale + Samantha Parrington, which ended the game. I had and am having fun with this deck, and that’s the whole point of the game, right? Kudos to Joe Bryan and Patrick Yapjoco!